Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hope everyone had...

a Happy Easter full of new memories with family and friends.

So, I sat here today, wondering where scrapbooking will turn next. Many of our favorite companies have come and gone, stores are closing left and right, you get the idea.

What will companies and LSSs have to do, in order to continue providing us with the materials we need to continue to preserve and share our memories. Have you heard of any new store openings? Or new companies starting up? How about those that exist? Any new closures? Who can say where we're headed...but I for one am a bit worried.

The other thing that I've started to notice is that some of the LSSs are beginning to offer classes that deviate from traditional scrapbooking, and are more in the general direction of stamping and general crafts. Has anyone else noticed this trend? I know that it's happening here in North Texas. Techniques that I learned years ago when I started stamping, are making their way into scrapbook stores. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all, just noticing a trend.

I wonder if stores overseas are seeing the same thing happen? Is it just a U.S. sort of thing? Or is it global? I know I certainly wonder where we're headed in this fun and crazy hobby I enjoy so much.

So, what sort of trends have you noticed? Anything really stand out? Just curious.

Until next time, have a RIPArts kind of day!!