Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Year...

Sorry I'm getting a late start on the blog for the year.....it was a super busy and hectic end of year, and the first month of the year was no better....January is a super busy month for us at work....yuck...

Anyway, since I'm guessing that some of you are wondering if I've been doing any crafting lately, the answer is a resounding YES.  Unfortunately, I was remiss in posting projects etc....so here is a compilation of pics of projects that I was working on, or am currently working on....

First up, I'm in the process of finishing up a chipboard book for our upcoming trip to Disneyland...

Secondly, I finished a printers tray for the same upcoming Disneyland trip...here are some close ups, as well as the finished tray (sans the pics)...



Next up, we decided to try our hands at Ceramics...here is my first ever ceramics project that I painted at a store in Frisco, TX called Color Me Mine...

And I've been busy teaching some classes, among them, I have an upcoming COPICS III class at Personal Scrapbook in Allen, along with a GAMSOL Class that same day (see my calendar to the right), and I have another class (Eclips II) coming up at the Crafty Scrapper on the Eclips and how to cut various materials, including vinyl, and the things you can do with it (again, see the calendar to the right)...

Next up, over the holiday, we decided to try our hands at blowing our own glass ornaments at a shop in Ft. Worth.  Here is my finished ornament.....I think I did an excellent job for my first time out....  ;)

Also, the blown glass and the ceramics projects kind of convinced us that we wanted to continue to play in these mediums, so we bought a small kiln over the holidays.  We've been playing with FUSED GLASS.  Here are a few of our projects...



And finally, I started on a few new layouts for our upcoming trip to Disneyland to see our favorite mouse at his West Coast address...so, what do you do with a Memory Box die of a tree?  You spend 40 mins creating a tree....lol....
                                              

So, that should give you some small indication of what we've been up to in the Bear's Cave....

I hope you've had a chance to work in some crafty projects.  I know I'll be kicking into high gear on projects for our upcoming trip, as well as continue to create class projects.  I'll be doing better this year about updating the blog, and hope I can impart some small bit of inspiration to you.

Until next time, I hope you have a RIPArts kind of day!!