Monday, February 25, 2013

Some Teaching and Visiting...

So, over the weekend I had the opportunity to teach a class on using Gamsol with your colored pencils to color  your stamped images.  The ladies had very good questions for me, which I was able to answer, and we created a couple of cards after we did our practicum (yes, I teach with practicum in every class)....I believe in a total "hands on" approach before we begin our projects.

We began with this very simple bear from Inky Antics (Benton Bear is his name)...and they have a nice selection of Benton in various situations....we utilized the My Favorite Things Hexagon border die for this card.

Then we progressed to this card, with Pampered Benton....what a fun card this was to make...we also utilized Spellbinders dies, and a die from Memory Box, as well as a 1" circle punch to finish it out.  What do you think?  Not too bad, eh?
After teaching, we departed and headed to the Scrapbook Expo being held at the Gaylord Texan.  Well, that turned out to be a reunion of sorts.  I ran into some old friends, and many of my students (current and former)....it turned out to be a great visit, and just wish I had more time to spend chatting.

So, did you get the chance to create some things this weekend?  Or did you catch up with some old friends?
I hope you got to do both.

Well, until next time, I hope you have a RIPArts kind of day!!