Thursday, February 19, 2009

So, it's time...

It's time to head out to New Orleans for my COPICS class....

Oh, how I dread the long drive...it's about 8 1/2 hours away. And to top it off, parking is at a premium down there, so this will not be a cheap trip....lol...

You'd think that as excited as I've been about this class, that I'd be ready. But no. I'm not. I have yet to pack, and I get on the road in an hour and a 1/2. Why the delay? I'm always doing that. I HATE packing. I love trips, but the packing kills me. And besides, Lex isn't going with me, so I'm kind of dragging my feet on this trip. Oh well, time to kick it into gear. I'll be leaving the office at 11am, and getting home, packing, and heading out as soon as I hear from Kim on how she's coming along.

I'll be staying at this quaint looking hotel in the French Quarter. It comes highly recommended by my friend Shelley. I can't wait to explore. Unfortunately, exploring will be at a minimum, due to our arrival time. And when class lets out tomorrow, we have to get on the road again, so that I have time to get home and pack up for the Community Center crop in Whitesboro, which I'm due at Saturday morning at 9am...and that's a 1 1/2 hour drive North for me....so, YAY, I'm giong to be dragging @ss on Saturday....lol....but at least I'll be home again, and with Lex. :)

Anyway, I'll be out of touch till about Sunday, due to scheduled events, so please hang in there until I get back. Until then, have a RIPArts kind of day!